- Baby Spinach
- Bleu Cheese
- Fresh Sliced Strawberries
- Candied Walnuts (see recipe below, also available to buy at some gourmet stores)
- Strawberry Balsamic dressing (see recipe below)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup water (add only as needed)
- 1 pound raw walnut halves
Place brown sugar, rosemary, balsamic vinegar and water in mixing bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add walnuts and coat with sugar mixture. Place on a nonstick cooking sheet; use a silpat(French silicone cooking sheet) if you have one. The sugar mixture is very sticky and hard to clean.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the nuts seem golden brown. They will seem sticky when they come out of the oven but will harden as they cool. Nuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 5 fresh strawberries stem removed
- 1 shallot, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups Canola Oil mixed with ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Place strawberries, shallot, salt, pepper, honey and balsamic vinegar in a blender. Blend together then add Canola/olive oil blend slowly as the blender is going. If the mixture seems like it is getting to thick and emulsified, add water while blending until you attain a dressing like thickness.
Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if needed. Mix all ingredients in a large salad bowl and serve immediately.