Owner & Executive Chef
Creator & Culinary Curator
Alta Loma, California
"When I was 21, I went to work for the Conservation Corps in Humboldt County. We were sent on a rainy assignment for several weeks. At one point during our work, I was approached by the kitchen supervisor to learn how to cook for the corps members. I agreed, and from then on spent my time learning how to cook, with free range to be as creative as I liked. Actually, that same supervisor was the one who took me down to San Francisco from Humboldt to see the California Culinary Academy, where I attended school and fell in love with food.
When I created Wild Thyme in 2005, I'd been a sous chef, executive chef, and corporate chef; I'd managed 11 restaurants with four different concepts within the Aloha Group, had opened up the W Hotel in San Diego, and had run the café/catering for the prestigious Salk Institute. But the most important job I held, and continue to cherish, is that of mother to Gia, my daughter. It's from my want to spend time raising her with my passion for food that I created The Wild Thyme Company. I couldn't be prouder of my two babies."
- What I want to eat/drink right now: Tacos and mojitos.
- The love of my life is: My daughter, Gia.
- Favorite childhood food memory: Making ravioli and chamelle (a yummy Italian anise bread) with my Grandma Berardinelli.
- Fill in the blank: I'm prone to spontaneous dancing.
- Why I'm a foodie: I'm totally obsessed with all things food and how flavors come together.