New York, New York
I started my culinary career later than most needing a change from the monotony of a 9-5 desk job in insurance. I moved to San Diego, started school at The Art Institute and never turned back. From there I strived to learn and understand as much about food as my instructors would give me. I graduated as valedictorian with both Culinary and Baking/Pastry degrees and earned the Brillat Savarin Young Professionals Award. I put every ounce of my being into becoming the best cook that I could be and promised never to stop learning. So far, I haven’t wavered from that path. My choice to change careers and start a new life has been the happiest and hardest decision on my life.
- What to eat/drink right now: butter cake & bourbon
- The love of my life is: dark chocolate
- My favorite aroma is: fresh herbs – especially mint
- Favorite city/country to eat/drink my way through: New Orleans, LA
- Why I’m a foodie: Eating is a necessity. Why not make it the most delicious need around?